Baked brie is a staple when it comes to elegantly entertaining a crowd. This dish not only looks lovely, but it’s simple to make and tastes incredible. And while most people think of topping it off their brie with fruit jams and honey, but we’ve decided to add a savory layer of our Hot Pepper Bacon Jam to make this mouthwatering dish even tastier. Bacon jam baked brie will be your new go-to hearty, yet elegant appetizer.
What could be better than bacon and gooey cheese baked in a golden toasted shell? Adding a little bacon and heat makes this dish especially savory. Our Simply Hot Pepper Bacon Jam has just the right amount of spice with roasted red pepper puree, jalapeno peppers, and real bacon. And while it may not be a health food, you can rest easy knowing that this jam is make with all natural ingredients. Good ingredients make all the difference.
Serve it up with a baguette, crackers, or even some carrot chips! Now it’s time to heat up the oven and get baking.
Bacon Jam Baked Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 round brie cheese (8 to 12 ounces, 5- to 7-inch diameter)
- Hickory Farms Simply Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Roll out puff pastry on baking sheet
- Place the round of brie in the middle of the pastry dough and trim the dough into a square (leave enough dough to fully cover the round of brie)
- Scoop a few spoonful’s of Hickory Farms Hot Pepper Bacon Jam on top of brie
- Drape the dough over the brie, creating a tidy package
- Gently press the edges of the dough together to form a seal around the cheese and jam
- Beat one large egg in a small dish
- Brush the pastry all over with the beaten egg (make sure to cover the sides and around the folds)
- Bake the brie until the pastry is deep golden-brown, usually about 35 to 40 minutes
- Allow the baked brie to cool 5 to 10 minutes (if you cut into the brie too early most of the cheese will flood out)
- Carefully transfer the baked brie from the baking sheer to a serving platter using a spatula
- Load up your serving plate with crackers or bread and serve warm