Warm up with a cup of holiday cheer! Make the holidays a little bit sweeter with a cup of peppermint hot chocolate. All you need is a handful of our signature Hickory Farms Peppermint Snow Mints and your favorite hot chocolate and you’re in for a treat.
A couple of our employees were enjoying hot chocolate when they decided to drop a few Peppermint Snow Mints in their cups. It was an instant classic in the Hickory Farms office!
If you like your hot chocolate very minty, add three or more Peppermint Snow Mints to your cup. For those who like a milder mint flavor, add just a couple of mints to your cup for a cool kick to your drink.
Get cozy with our favorite tasty peppermint hot chocolate recipe!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2½ cups milk or half and half
- ¼ cup sugar
- Hickory Farms Peppermint Snow Mints
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine milk and sugar in a medium sauce pan
- Stir over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved
- Stir in cocoa powder
- Reduce heat to medium
- Stir in heavy cream and chocolate chips
- Continue to stir slowly until chocolate is completely melted and incorporated
- Stir in vanilla
- Top with Hickory Farms Peppermint Snow Mints to taste
- Serve and enjoy
Hot Chocolate Recipe Source: La Creme de la Crumb