Preparing perfectly tender and delicious lamb chops at home might seem like a daunting task, but it’s easier than you might think! There’s no need for a restaurant reservation to satisfy the lamb fan in your life—our recipe below can help you make steakhouse-quality lamb chops with spicy basil pesto at home.
Lamb has a much more complex and interesting flavor than beef or pork, which makes it an excellent choice for a special dinner. Our Loin Lamb Chops are perfectly trimmed and flavorful. They’re best prepared using dry heat cooking methods, like grilling, roasting, pan searing, or broiling. Pair with a green salad dressed with balsamic and roasted potatoes, and you’ve got an impressive meal fit for any special occasion.
Use our delicious chops in your favorite lamb recipe for a unique dinner experience, or try our recipe below. For best results, thaw in the refrigerator the night before you plan to cook them.
Loin Lamb Chops with Spicy Basil Pesto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Hickory Farms Loin Lamb Chops
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Simply Spicy Basil Pesto
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Sprinkle the lamb chops with salt and pepper
- Add lamb to pan, and cook until browned
- Turn lamb chops over and cook until desired doneness (see below)
- Let the lamb rest for 3-5 minutes, then serve with Simply Spicy Basil Pesto and your favorite sides
These times are based upon using thawed chops:
|Time Per Side||Internal Temperature|
|Rare||3.5 min||125 – 135°|
|Medium rare||4 min||135 – 145°|
|Medium||4.5 min||145 – 150°|
|Medium well||5 min||150 – 155°|
|Well done||5.5 min||155°+|
Note: If flare-ups occurs on grill, move the chops temporarily over indirect heat.