A delicious, tender ham is always a popular choice for brunch. Even if you’ve never done it before, cooking the perfect glazed ham is easy to do at home.
Our flavorful HoneyGold Ham® is a great choice for your Easter or Mother’s Day brunch table. It comes with a packet of glaze to create a juicy, succulent ham. Or, you can try glazing it with our famous Honey & Pineapple Mustard for a new flavor twist.
How to Cook Our HoneyGold Ham®
Before you’re ready to get cooking, here are some tips to help you get the best ham:
- Our HoneyGold Ham® is fully-cooked and spiral sliced, but will ship frozen to maintain its freshness. Before you’re ready to prepare it, allow it to thaw for 36-48 hours.
- Your ham will arrive with a thicker plastic bag under the outside foil that you’ll need to remove before cooking. This is different from the warming bag. Carefully remove without cutting through the thinner warming bag and discard before following the directions below.
- If you prefer, the ham can be heated without using the warming bag. After preheating the oven, remove the outer foil packaging, netting, and warming bag. Place the ham flat side down in your roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil. Follow the remaining directions in the recipe.
- For a traditional ham, skip the Honey & Pineapple Mustard step in the below recipe, and follow the instructions on the included glaze packet.
Honey & Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Remove the netting and outer foil packaging, then locate the plastic tie inside.
- Place the ham, still wrapped in the warming bag, flat-side down in a roasting pan.
- Gather the open end of the bag and seal with the plastic tie. Warming bag is safe up to 400 degrees.
- Heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 120. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Do not overheat.
- Remove the ham from oven, remove plastic tie and warming bag and discard.
- Brush generously with Honey & Pineapple Mustard before serving. Serve with additional mustard, if desired.