What do you do with leftover ham? Why not make an amazing dip! Today, I’m sharing a hot ham and cheese dip made with two of my favorite cheeses from Hickory Farms: Jalapeño & Cheddar Blend, a spicy but creamy cheddar, and New York Cheddar Spread, a smooth spread that melts perfectly in this dip. It comes together quickly, tastes amazing, and will impress your guests every time!
Since you’ll be using some amazing cheeses, it’s only logical to use amazing ham as well. The Hickory Farms HoneyGold® Ham is a fantastic and flavorful ham to use in this recipe. You want a ham with a blend of sweet and smoky flavors, and this ham hits all the right flavor notes.
Dips are a great addition to any party, whether you’re hosting in your own home or bringing a dish over to a friend’s home to share. If the latter, just place the unbaked dip in the host’s oven for a couple of minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with fresh vegetables like celery and it’s a completely gluten-free party dip that most of your guests can enjoy! This is also a great, gluten-free dish for those with dietary restrictions.
Hot Ham and Cheese Dip
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 ounces New York Cheddar Spread
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño & Cheddar Blend, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped Ham
- Fresh celery
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté the butter and onions, seasoning them with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the milk and let it come to a simmer.
- Remove 1/4 cup of warm milk and in a small bowl, whisk with cornstarch. Pour this cornstarch mixture back into the pot and whisk quickly.
- Add New York Cheddar Spread cheese and 1/4 cup grated Jalapeño & Cheddar Blend.
- Once the cheeses are smooth and melted, fold in the ham.
- Spread the cheese/ham dip in a square oven safe dish and sprinkle the rest of the grated Jalapeño & Cheddar Blend.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh celery.
Serves 4-6 guests
With the Hot Ham and Cheese Dip, and a little help from the savory and spicy cheeses, and HoneyGold® Ham from Hickory Farms, you will have everything you need to have an appetizer that is the hit of any party.
Marnely Rodriguez-Murray is an established chef with an extensive culinary background, as well as a friend of Hickory Farms. She brings masterfully created recipes using her favorite Hickory Farms products. Marnely has a special knack for turning every dish into a masterpiece.