Ready to make your tender filet even more mouthwatering? Elevate your meal with a little compound butter. Compound butter is a quick and easy way to add complimentary flavor to your favorite dishes. And the best part about cooking with compound butter is that it’s simple to make. Here’s a quick introduction into how to make compound butter that will be a perfect addition to your next filet.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil (chopped)
- Combine butter, basil, garlic, lemon, rosemary, salt, thyme, and pepper in a bowl
- Scoop mixture into silicone heart shaped ice cube tray (or any other shape)
- Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 1 week)
- Serve with hot and tender Pfaelzer filets
While we chose to create compound butter in the shape of hearts, you can easily create butter in any size or shape that fits your need. If you’d like to create round, flat butter disks, all you need to do is spoon the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap and then roll it into a log. Once it’s securely in its shape, set it in the refrigerator, just like the butter in a mold.
And no gathering is complete without good food and great company. Take your next dinner party or special occasion to the next level by serving gourmet steaks from Hickory Farms.