Dress up your table with a colorful appetizer! Pastel deviled eggs make the perfect bright bite for any occasion. All you need is an egg-cellent recipe and some food coloring and you’re set. Try our quick tips for making easy, delicious pastel deviled eggs.
Pastel Deviled Eggs
Instructions to Make Deviled Eggs & Filling:
- Place 12 eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with 1.5 inches of water (above eggs).
- Heat water on high until it begins to boil and then cover; turn heat to low and cook for 1 minute. Remove eggs from heat and leave covered for 12 minutes.
- Rinse eggs under cold water for 1 minute (continuous).
- Carefully peel eggs under cold running water.
- Gently dry eggs with a soft towel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, remove yolks and place the whites on a separate platter
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble.
- Mix the yolks, Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard, mayonnaise, white vinegar, salt, and pepper together.
Instructions to Color Egg Whites:
- Place red, blue, purple, and green food coloring into four different bowls and add about 1 cup water to each container.
- Steep three egg white halves in each bowl, tinting the egg whites light pink, light purple, light blue, and light green. Please note that if the color is too pale, add more food coloring to bowls.
- Drain colored egg whites on paper towels.
- Spoon egg yolk filling into pastel-colored egg white halves.
- Cover and chill eggs for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Share your own egg-cellent creations with us online using #HickoryFarms!