Creating a restaurant quality meal right in your own kitchen doesn’t need to be complicated. Serve up an elegant, yet effortless feast with our roast rack of lamb with basil pesto recipe. We’ve paired our Rack of American Lamb with a little Simply Spicy Basil Pesto to make a simply delicious meal.
Our steakhouse-quality rack of domestic American lamb has a mild, juicy flavor and an impressive look. It’s prepared with the bones Frenched just like at your favorite restaurant, making it a great choice to celebrate any special occasion.
And for the best results, thaw the rack of lamb in the refrigerator the night before cooking. If the meat is not at room temperature when prepared, it will be hard for it to cook evenly.
Roast Rack of Lamb with Basil Pesto
- Preheat oven to 450°F and move oven rack to the center position
- Rub rack of lamb with a thin coat of olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper
- Roast the rack of lamb for 10 minutes at 450°F (depending on the degree of doneness you want- refer to the chart above)
- With a meat thermometer, take a reading in the center of the meat after 10 minutes and remove the meat, or let it cook longer, to your taste
- Let it stand for 10 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs
- Cover with Simply Spicy Basil Pesto to taste and serve with fresh mint
These times are based upon using thawed chops:
|Additional Minutes Needed at 300°||Internal Temperature|
|Medium rare||15 minutes||135-145|
|Medium||20 minutes||145 – 150|
|Medium well||25 minutes||150-155|
|Well done||30 minutes||155 +|
For more serving suggestions, pairing tips, gift guides, visit our blog. And if you have your own tips to share, tell us all about them on social media using #HickoryFarms.